Monday, August 4, 2008

Silly me...

Now here I was, thinking there was an FAA requirement to display the US flag on all aircraft registered in the United States. If not, then at least I figured it was the right thing to do.

And then I saw this. I guess I was wrong, huh?


What, the flag isn't patriotic? Is that it?


Now, I know two supporters of the Lord Utmost Obama X. One of them, upon seeing this post, will giggle. "Oh, you're just being radical," she'll say. The other will bring up the next pic, which shows McCain's campaign plane, sans flags on the tail:


But here's the difference: Any pop star can refuse to wear a flag until cornered by the press, and any malcontent can refuse to include his country's flag on his plane. But here's another picture of McCain's plane, which I found only moments ago:

This is said to be John McCain's A4 Skyhawk, shot down by the North Vietnamese in 1967. I don't know if it really is his plane or not, but that's the claim. Now, I'd like to see any supporter of Lord Utmost Obama X draw comparisons with that.


Because I'm pretty sure "McCain's plane" had the appropriate US insignia on it.



No comments: